Saturday 30 April 2011

Gluten Free Shopping!

Good evening, everyone!
Chris and I were very productive today. We went to the Honda dealership to look into getting a new car :) Possibly? We took our empties back to the Beer Store, took the puppies to the dog park, went grocery shopping and tried a new store: Grandma's Gluten Free Goods!
Tomorrow we are having Lindsay and Johnny over for lunch and I was planning on making fajitas. I would love to be able to eat the fajitas so I began my search for "Kristina-friendly" tortillas. I was told about Grandma's Gluten Free Goods by a parent at my school who has Celiac disease and has a 4 year old who is also showing symptoms of the disease. Although I have not been diagnosed, Dr. Som is pretty sure that I have a high sensitivity to wheat which makes me gain weight almost immediately. It was only since cutting out the wheat-based foods, have I started to lose the weight.
The store is not too far from Dr. Som`s office and had so many items I wanted to try! I ended up finding my tortillas made with millet flour as well as some rice-based pastas. Food basics used to sell my Tinkyada rice pastas but they've replaced them with these really gross textured rice-pastas *blah!* I made sure to pick up some spaghetti, rotini and an oven-ready lasagna ;)
The store also had wheat-free bread, which I have been told is amazing. It was like $6 for a small bag, so I will probably pick that up next time, lol. Anyways, I am looking forward to eating my fajitas tomorrow, I'll let you know how they taste. Have a great Saturday!


My goodies from Grandma`s Gluten Free Goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment