Saturday 16 April 2011

Baby #2?

Hello everyone!
Last night after dinner, Chris and I took Ben to the dog park. He loves to play with other dogs and since we have discovered that he has pretty severe separation anxiety, we are going to try to take him to the park more often. He got to play with a beautiful one year old British Bulldog named Heidi. She was so rolly-polly and had the cutest button nose, I joked that if I was a dog, I would look exactly like her, hahaha! Chris throught that was pretty funny. She was so cute! Got us thinking, maybe it's time for baby #2? ;) lol
This morning I got to sleep in... until 8:30am! That's really late in my home, lol. It was raining *boo* so Chris and I went to Walmart and did a little shopping. We got lots of veggies, as usual, frozen spinach and low fat ricotta cheese so I can make my crustless quiche :)

Easter Weekend (April 21st - April 24th)
Next weekend is Easter and we are heading down to Brampton to spend it with our families. You know what that means! Time to start planning! We are heading down Thursday night after work so Jen and I can go to Rona to buy some paint and paint supplies. On Friday, I am painting the playground at her school. Saturday is Easter at Chris' mom's and Sunday we are at my Nonna's for Easter dinner. I am very nervous! It is going to be a very difficult weekend for eating properly. I'm sure I can be successful Thursday and Friday but I am so worried I'm going to over-do it for our Easter celebrations. I think it is because when I had those few months of plateauing, it was because even though I was eating perfectly during the week, I had a really hard time staying on track on the weekends. I would lose a few pounds Monday to Thursday, then gain most of it back Friday to Sunday. I hope that I am strong enough to get through the weekend feeling good about myself. Therefore, I have decided that I am going to set these rules for Easter:
1) Use a small plate for my meals
2) Stick to eating 1/2 cup of starch, but I will not restrict myself to only rice-based products
3) Stick to eating protein the size of a deck of cards
4) Fill up on veggies!
5) Skip dessert and fill up on fruit instead
6) Drink lots of water!!!
Hopefull these rules will leave me satisified and on-track :)
My ND said that if I can stick to those guidelines during special occasions then I will still be successful in my weightloss. I will spend some time this week planning, preparing (and packing) my meals :) Have a great weekend!

Flying puppy!!!! Ben and Heidi :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of the pups.

    You're right, planning is key. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete