Tuesday 3 May 2011

I Love Food :(




Hello everyone!
I know it's been a few days since I posted but things have been very busy. First things first, those gluten-free tortillas were... meh. When I was in Mexico during Christmas break, we had "authentic" Mexican tacos. The tortillas they used were very grainy and dry, but edible. This is how these tasted. Guess they'll have to do for now.

"Authentic" Mexican Tacos
I have a huge problem. My food cravings are seriously killing me! I'm so sad to admit that I have sneaked a few bites here and there of Chris' pasta and cookies :( Sadly those few bites caused me to gain 3 lbs this week :(
I think the solution to my problem is to really take the time to ensure that I have healthy food alternatives that will satisfy my needs. I have run out of tahini so I haven't been able to make my hummus or baba ghanoush, I have run out of rice crackers and I just came back from the store to buy some more fruit. I am currently enjoying fat-free chocolate pudding. Only 35 calories for 1/4 of the package.
Good news though! I finally have my sister, my mom and my dad on board and doing the GI diet! Whoo, hoo! So proud of you guys for finally making the choice to try it out. Don't get discouraged, you can do it! And if you have a slip up, don't worry we all do, just make sure to get right back on track again the next day! 


Back on track tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya. Thankfully DH is doing the same diet as myself (b/c he doesn't want to cook for himself lol), but I want some pasta dishes!! Something creamy and cheesy w/ big fat noodles in there. SIGH. May have to cheat with that lol.

    That's so great that your family is doing the diet with you! Such great support :D

    ReplyDelete