Saturday 26 March 2011

Thanks for the Support!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to so thank you to all of you who comment on my posts and send me messages of support! I really appreciate it and I believe that without it, I would not be able to be as successful as I have been so far. :)
I had an appointment with Dr. Som my Naturopathic Doctor and although I am down about 35lbs since starting, I am down 11 from when I began following her plan (March 7th!) She was so impressed and told me what a great job I was doing!
I lost about 7lbs of fat, 3lbs of water and 1lb of muscle (which basically means, I need to up my workout!)
She received the lab results from my doctor and everything seemed pretty much normal. My B12 and iron were a little low, but nothing to worry about she said. When I was younger, (before I was on the pill) I used to take iron supplements and B12 shots because I was anemic. She was a little concerned about my inflammation and white blood cells, since it was high. I had a cold when I went for my blood work, so that may be why it was high but she is sending me to get tested again. My family doctor also sent me requisitions to get some more tests done including a glucose test, a test to check my testosterone levels, one for cortisol, insulin, and some others. I'll have to get them done on a weekend since it's pretty much an all day thing: They are going to take blood at 8am, then have me drink a sugary drink and test again at 10am, then they are going to check my cortisol level in the evening at about 4pm. I was also told that my thyroid analysis came back normal too! *Whew!*
So I am starting the elimination detox on Monday. It consists of cutting out dairy products, eggs, wheat, tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, white potatoes, citrus fruit, peanuts, peanut butter, pork, bacon, cold cuts, hot dogs, sausages, canned meats, shellfish, smoked meats, catfish, butter, sugar, artificial sweetners, coffee, black tea, soda and alcohol. I have already cut most of this stuff out of my diet, the only part that is going to be difficult is the dairy products since I usually have my Kashi and milk for breakfast. Dr. Som gave me some alternatives to the milk such as soy milk, almond milk or rice milk. I think I'll stick to hummus, rice crackers and fruit for the next two weeks, lol. The other part is the tomatoes because that includes tomato sauce and I'm Italian, lol. The detox is supposed to be about 2-3 weeks long and then I need to slowly reintroduce each item and look for side effects.
I have discovered a new treat! RiceWorks chips! Made from brown rice and they are wheat and gluten free! I asked Dr. Som and she said they are fine to eat. I was surprised because they taste so good, lol.
It is going to be a tough 2 weeks and I am soooo afraid of messing up! I have my dad's birthday on Saturday so I am going to have to find out what my mom plans on making, nix the birthday cake and probably pack some things that I can have. Wish me luck!!! xo

3 comments:

  1. thankyou for being such an awesome inspiration to us all. you have done such an awesome job. you should be so proud.

    good luck with the detox. but you are very strong willed and i know that you can do it. and i am here if u need anything.

    lotsa love,

    cat xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well! Keep it up :)
    I do Weight Watchers, and I have PCOS.
    I just started a blog if you wanna check it out.
    Following yours :) Hopefully I can lose as much as you!

    http://strugglingcyster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catty: Thank you hun! I'm so glad we became buddies! Thanks for all your support!

    Meghan: Thank you! I checked out your blog! Looks great so far! I'll have to follow you too :D

    ReplyDelete