Sunday 20 March 2011

Tea

The other day I stopped by Lindsay's and even though it was her birthday, she gave me a facial and made me tea, lol. She brought out the cutest little teapot and different teas. Of course, the tea I chose was called "The Skinny" by David's Teas. It "contains oolong and pu’erh teas, both reputed to speed your metabolism and block fat absorption after a heavy meal. Plus it’s got ginger and ginseng, two more traditional metabolism uppers". It was very yummy. Similar to the Figure 8 Detox Tea from Arbonne... but better! They have stores across Canada but unfortunately not in Kitchener :( I went to buy some online and noticed my card is maxed out, sooooo it will have to wait. There is another tea place at the mall by my house called Teaopia. I may have to go check it out sometime this week. Different teas can have different health benefits. Check them out at these two websites:
http://www.davidstea.com/health-and-tea
http://www.teaopia.ca/health_benefits.cfm

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of tea but was recently shocked to find out that medical studies show that caffeine makes Insulin Resistance worse. Thankfully there are a lot of naturally caffeine free herbal choices out there. I ended up cleaning out my tea shelf and giving all the caffeinated ones away. I'm currently enjoying a pitcher of iced spearmint tea which is said to help balance hormones and has no caffeine. Thanks for the links, I've been looking for other selections and their benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn`t realize that caffeine is so bad for us! I will have to look into the teas I have to make sure they don`t have any caffeine! Thanks for the tip! :D

    ReplyDelete