Thursday 24 March 2011

Shrinking

Hello everyone!
So I'm noticing some changes in my body, my tummy is feeling a little smaller in my pants but the thing I notice the most is my boobs! They are shrinking! Let's just say Chris is not happy, lol.
We are having company over this weekend but I do not plan on cheating! To get through it, I am going to have to make some healthy treats to eat. Any flourless, sugarless treat recipes out there? :)
I have another appointment with the naturopath on Saturday. The last time I was there we asked my doc to send over my most recent blood work (done in November). She is also sending me for a bunch of other blood tests including a glucose test. When I first started being super strict she wanted to find out if I was sensitive to any foods. There were two options: Either pay $300 for a "allergy test" or do an elimination detox. I was very overwhelmed with the new way she wanted me to eat that I almost considered saving for the allergy test but now that I have gotten used to eating this way, I am going to tell her that we can go ahead with the elimination detox. From what she told me, the way the detox works is that you have to eliminate things from your diet such as wheat (already done), dairy (that's going to be a tough one!) and some other items and then add them back in separately. If you have a reaction, which could be anything from a sniffly nose, flemy or sore throat, headaches, etc. it could be that you are sensitive to it. I will post more about it when I get that information. She also wants to send me for a $250 hormone test. I know, I know, it's a little steep but she thinks it's the best way to figure out what's going on with my hormones and how out of whack they are. My insurance covers it, but it's coming up with the money up front that I have to worry about. I'll let you all know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. the american health system sucks!! i can't believe you have to pay for these blood tests. but it will be good to get them done. especially when it comes to conception.

    so proud of you though for your skrinking :) your an awesome girl xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CANADIAN health care system, lol. It's actually not that bad. Everything medically is covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan). I get coverage for the Naturopath through my work, it's $400 per year. So I will get the money back, but it's finding the money to fork up front :P

    ReplyDelete