Saturday 19 March 2011

Rewards!

Hello everyone!
Before I start talking about my reward system, I would like to annouce that I made it through a few days "away" with no cheating! :D Yay, me! There was a lot of temptation, but for some reason it was much easier than usual to say no. There were Krispy Kreme Donuts at Chris' mom's house, my dad made a cake concoction, and my mom made fresh peanut butter cookies and chocolate chocolate chips cookies. Ya! Tell me about it! We are at home now, one day early, watching movies :)

Let's talk rewards! In the past, I have often "rewarded" myself with treats. "Oh, I ate so well this week, I deserve to order a pizza", or "Yeah, I can have another big plate of pasta, I haven't eaten it all week!"
Unfortunately, this is what lead to my plateau that lasted FIVE MONTHS!!!
On Thursday, my mom and my sister went to Buffalo to go shopping. We used to go every 2 months or so and I used to spend hundreds of dollars on clothes. My sister asked me if I wanted to come and I didn't have to think about it too long, before I said "no, thanks".
Reasons being:
1) I have too much crap as it is (My clothes fill up, both of our dressers and nightstands, half of our closet, the closet in the spare room and a huge wardrobe in the spare room. I'm not kidding!)
2) I really don't have much extra cash to start spending on things that I don't need and
3) I don't want to buy anymore clothes meant to fit this body. (Size 18-20)
Due to this, I have decided to set my first goal: When my clothes become too big for me to wear to work, I will make a trip to Buffalo and spoil myself a little. That way, I am killing 2 birds with one stone. I also plan on making smaller goal intervals:
When I get to 240lbs - I will go for a massage
When I get to 230lbs - I will buy myself a new pair of jeans
When I get to 220lbs - I will go for a pedicure
When I get to 210lbs - I will buy myself a LuluLemon sweater, since they don't fit right now :(
When I get to 200lbs - I will buy myself a nice piece of jewelery, like something white gold with a few diamonds :)
Although, ideally I would like to lose a total of 100-120 lbs, I will re-evaluate my goals when I am getting closer to meeting them. So, set your goals and make 'em good! Remember, the bad food will still be there after you have lost weight, it's not going anywhere, it's not going to be extinct.


Btw, here is my new hair-do :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the new hair. The highlights are cute. That color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hurr looks awesome!!! plus i am so proud that you went away and didnt even cheat a little bit. can you please give me some of your strength? pleeeeaassseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and i like the reward system. if you work super hard you deserve a reward when you reach those amazing goals. you know my ultimate reward...newww york!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah and I'll meet you there! :D

    ReplyDelete