Friday 13 May 2011

Plateau :(

Hello ladies,
I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately but the truth is I don't really have anything positive to post. I have hit a huge wall named "plateau". I think my body has become used to this way of eating and I need to shock it or something. Please, please, please, if you have any tips to help me overcome this I would really appreciate it! Anyone?
On another note, my doctor e-mailed me asking me if I would like to change my 6:30pm appointment Monday to 5:00pm and she added a "how is everything going?" I said "sure" to the appointment change and added a "just trying to get over this plateau". She replied "Focus on how far you've come so far, and try not to dwell on the plateau at this point. Let's take the next few days to celebrate your progress (because you have to admit that you've succeeded in losing a LOT of weight so far!) Journal and write down you successes (even if it's just 5 points each day) and I will see you soon". Dr. Som is seriously the best doctor, her words are so encouraging. She doesn't scold you for messing up or blame you for the plateau. I really believe that she wants to see me succeed.
Anyways, I will keep you posted on my upcoming appointment! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could give you some advice on getting over the plateau! I know you'll figure something out though *nodnod*
    Yay for your nice doctor!!

    ReplyDelete