Saturday 7 May 2011

Gluten Free Banana Muffins!

Today our parents came down for the day! We went to St. Jacob's Market and then off to lunch at Country Boy. Mom, Dad and I all ate the chicken souvlaki with rice, veggies and a greek salad. Soooo yummy! Oh, and mom brought down my "When I'm Skinny" bin and I am proud to say I have a bunch of new-old pants and capris to wear this summer! I haven't tried on any of the tops but I saw my beautiful red dress and it looks a lot smaller than I remember, lol.
I also wanted to make something we could all eat as a snack so I decided to try these gluten-free banana muffins from Spark People.com. They turned out fan-tabulous! They did not taste restrictive at all. I used Splenda instead of sugar but you can make it either way. I'm sure you could even use white or whole wheat flour instead of rice flour. Here is the recipe!

Gluten Free Banana Muffins


1 Egg
1/4 milk (or any other liquid)
2 tbsp of sugar (or Splenda)
2 tbsp of canola oil
1 cup of white rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-2 overripe bananas

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Put in muffin liners or lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Fill muffin liners.
Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes before removing them.

The recipe said it made 12 muffins but I only got 6. I guess my muffin tins were bigger?
Try it! Let me know how you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment