Sunday 29 May 2011

Weekend in Brampton

Hello all!
So I had a great weekend in Brampton. I stayed on track for the most part while still enjoying some special treats :)
Saturday afternoon, we went to my cousin's engagement barbeque. I had a grilled chicken breast, vinegar-based coleslaw (delish!), a tiny bit of potato salad, fruit and *gasp!* a cupcake! The best damn cupcake I've ever eaten! LOL
Laura and I went to see a movie on Saturday night and I didn't think of a movie-time snack! So we went to Metro and found these!

Delish! We don't have a Metro in Kitchener but hopefully I can find them at Fiddleheads or Grandma's Gluten Free. So I ended up eating these and some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
When I made plans to go to my Nonna's today she said she was going to made gnocchi. For those who don't know what gnocchi is, it's a potato and flour based pasta. I asked her if she could just make regular pasta and I'd just have a tiny portion. Well... I guess she forgot, because we got there and there she was pouring gnocchi into the boiling water. So I ended up having a bit and let's just say I ate very slowly and made sure to savour every single bite, lol.
Gnocchi! It looks like a lot but it really wasn't. It's a close-up of a small plate, lol.

When I got back to my mom's I had a lovely surprise! My cousin Danielle, surprised me with a gift card and a card basically congratulating me on the great changes I've been making ;) It was so nice! I'm not sure if she reads my blog but if you do Danielle, thank you very much for the sweet surprise! :D
Anyways, now I'm back home and chugging water and popping psyllium fibre pills! lol
Hope you all had a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that was very sweet of your cousin.
    And great job on controlling what you ate!

    ReplyDelete