Sunday 15 May 2011

Setting Myself Up For Success!

Hello all!
So I haven't weighed myself all week due to the depression my plateau has caused but I decided to jump on the scale yesterday morning. I don't know what possessed me but I carefully stepped on and... I'm still 238 lbs. I'm not gonna lie, I did breathe a sigh of relief. I was so afraid I was gaining, staying the same is fine for me at least until Dr. Som and I figure out a "crash the plateau" plan.
Unexpectedly, Laura decided to come down yesterday. She started the GI diet a few months back and she is already at her first goal weight! Congrats bebe! We did a little shopping and then went on the hunt for Wasa Crisps. In the GI and Hormone Diet, it suggests you eat Wasa Crisps although I have never seen them before. Dr. Som has told me about Fiddleheads, a health and nutrition store close to my place. We decided to try there first and I was pleasantly surprised! Fiddleheads is a store that has grocery/produce/baked goods/supplements/deli/restaurant sections! I was so excited! There was so much I could have bought but I had limited funds so I will definitely be going back after payday. We ended up buying some produce to make pico de gallo as a late night snack and hummus chips chips called Humbles! There are made out of chickpea flour and get this... 120 calories for 40 chips! We had a great late night snack. We also bought Chi Chi's salsa (no added sugar, and only pure ingredients). The two things I know I will have to go back to Fiddleheads for is their gluten free homemade cookies and bread. There were so many to choose from I was so overwhelmed. Next time I will have to just tke my time choosing the right type. Oh, by the way, we found the Wasa Crisps. They pretty much look exactly like Ryvita bread which I hate.
I woke up this morning with an e-mail from WagJag-- $22 for a month membership at Goodlife Fitness...GTA only :( Boo to Kitchener for being too far.
Tomorrow is my appointment with Dr. Som, I am looking forward to seeing what advice she can give me this week. Have a relaxing Sunday, everyone! xo
Humbles! Made with Chickpea and rice flour! Yummo!

I think I may try these the next time I go. Gluten free :)

Another treasure I bought today. Loose leaf tea travel mug :) Skinny tea on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment