Friday 8 July 2011

Some New Finds!

On my way to T-Zone today (day 5 by the way), I decided to stop by Fiddleheads. Joe and I are going to have a picnic at the beach tomorrow so I decided it would be a great opportunity to finally try their gluten free bread. I decided to choose this one. I am making homemade hummus, homemade baba ghanoush, and bruschetta so far.

I was going to pick up some of Mary's Cookies but as I was looking at the side of the box I noticed that they had 9g of sugar and quite a bit of fat. I decided instead to try these cookies. They have 2g of sugar and 1g of fat for two cookies!

Another find: Lentil chips?! Yes, lentil chips. Gluten free and baked!




Taste Test:

Taste Test 1: Organic Kamut N` Flax Bread:
Verdict: Delish!!!
Ate a slice with a tiny bit of margatine. Very similar to regular bread! Tastier than some of the Dempster`s brands I`ve tried. Has 2g of fibre per slice (not ideal but not bad). The downside is... a loaf (which is pretty small) is $5.99 a bag. Let`s just say I threw that loaf in the freezer and will use it very sparingly lol.

Taste Test 2: Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Verdict: Scrumptious!
Poured myself a small glass of skim milk and tried one small cookie. The chocolate chips has melted a little since I left them in the car while I was at T-Zone but that didn`t matter. They were very tasty. Similar to Mary`s Organic Cookies but without the aftertaste. Again, they have 2g of sugar and 1g of fat for two cookies! And again, the downfall being that a bag of the cookies cost $6.59 (ouch!)

Taste Test 3: Baked Lentil Chips
Verdict: Yummay!
Tried these chips with a bit of hummus and they were delish. Very similar to the Humbles Chips (hummus chips) I often buy.

Anyways, off to make some food for our picnic tomorrow :) I`ll post pics soon!

Kristina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment