Monday 11 July 2011

My Weekend :)

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. On Saturday, Joe and I took Russell to the beach and had a great time. Russell is a horrible swimmer by the way ;) lol. On Saturday night, I decided that we had things to make a great breakfast Sunday morning so I went on the hunt to find a gluten free pancake recipe.
It said that you need to make it the night before, so I went to the kitchen and whipped it up in about 3 minutes :) Then I thought of something creative and possibly delicious ;) I've been craving funnel cakes for the last couple of weeks-- wouldn't it be cool if I could make a gluten free funnel cake?!?! I took some pancake batter and went to work. I bought Breyer's Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream, made a berry sauce and came up with this:


Not bad if I must say so myself!!! I used the batter the next day to make pancakes-- Verdict: They were okay. Not as fluffy as a pancake, more like a crepe.
Since being off work I have noticed that I have been eating a lot more :( When I was at work I would eat breakfast around 8:00am, lunch around noon, maybe a snack when I got home from work around 4:00pm, dinner around 6:00pm and maybe a light snack at night time. Now, I can eat whenever the hell I want!!! Mwah-hahahahaha! ;) Although I am eating healthy snacks, I think I am consuming too many calories. I haven't gained any weight (thank god!) but I haven't lost any either :( I told myself that starting today I was getting back on track. Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast:
Kashi Go Lean (1 cup)
Skim milk (1 cup)
Banana

Snack:
Banana
Peanut Butter (1 tbsp)

Dinner:
Lean beef meatballs (4)
Quinoa (1/2 cup)
Mushrooms, onions and peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment