Monday 8 August 2011

Best Gluten Free Pasta!

As an Italian girl, I love my pasta so turning gluten free has had a big impact on me. Firstly, I made the change very slowly-- going from white to whole wheat pasta and then trying a variety of gluten free pastas until I found one I liked. The first type I tried was "brown rice pasta". If you've had Pad Thai, it's the type of noodles that are used in Pad Thai. I've also tried Spelt pasta and Kamut pasta, both pretty good but mostly tasting like whole wheat. My favourite pasta, and the type that most resembles the "white" one is this: CEREAL PASTA?!?! It's basically made up of a bunch of different type of gluten free grains including rice, buckwheat and corn. I love it :) You can get it at Costco-- 2 bags for $5.99

2 comments:

  1. I tried to make gluten free pasta. It cooks VERY quickly. I think I will try it again in a couple of months. I really need to get back to induction because I've done so poorly eating wise.

    You've done so well. I see a great difference since I first started coming to your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love!! I am finding it really hard this summer. Not gaining but not really losing either. Stick with it girl! We can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete