Monday 14 July 2014

FACIAL HAIR!

One of the most annoying symptoms of PCOS. In my late teens I noticed I was getting long whiskers of hair on my neck. I started just trimming it with scissors but that quickly wasn't enough and I started waxing it. The waxing left the area with ingrown hairs and red skin, never mind the fact that it hurt like a BITCH! I then heard of Vaniqa (I think on a PCOS message board) and asked my family doctor about it. He hadn't heard of it but called a few places to see if they had it and wrote me a prescription :) I loved it!  It was a cream you put on your face that slowed the growth of hair and as long as you kept using it, it would work. It was too good to be true. They stopped making it available in Canada :'( So of course I couldn't get anymore and the hair kept growing, by then it spread from a tiny 2x3 patch to probably 4 x5.
Then I tried laser hair removal. It didn't work :( My hair at the time was that coarse wirey hair but it was blonde.
Fast forward quite a few years later and here I am. Last year I bought a Wag Jag for laser hair removal again since street my son the hair turned black. They told me I could not continue to wax while getting laser treatment so I started shaving in between sessions. At first I had to shave every day or two. Now I obly shave about once a week :) It worked for the most part although I will probably need to go for touch ups every few years or so. I decided to write this today after reading a post today on a new amazing blog I found here. As with Jess I've never talked to my past boyfriends or even my husband about facial hair. I even tried hiding the fact that I was going for laser hair removal lol.  I'm glad it's somewhat under control now but I really feel for the ladies who still struggle with this on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment