Wednesday 9 July 2014

Check up!

Saw Dr Som today.
Before I get into our appointment I must comment on something that really upset me.
I stepped into Dr. Som's office today and it was BUSY! Her and her husband run yhe practice so I was very surprised to see the office full. Then I noticed the patients... Cancer patients :( Here I was trying to lose weight,  getting frustrated at times and sometimes really depressed and there were these women, young and old, fighting for their lives. It really made me feel crappy but put a few things into perspective for a minute.

Anyways, back to my appointment:

I'm down 7.6 lbs. 4.1 lbs of fat, 3 lbs of water and 0.5 lbs of muscle. She suggested I get to bed a bit earlier (10pm instead of 11 or 12). She also suggested I buy a "Belly Bandit" or similar to help with my belly shape. I've noticed a huge change in my waist but barely anything in my tummy :( She was extremely happy with my progress and said I was doing amazing. I see her again mid August.
Hoping to get in the 240's by next Wednesday. Oh, I've also decided I am only going to weigh in on Wednesdays.  Hope I don't cave! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I have to ask about the belly band. Does it help with shaping your body as you loose weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Amanda's question

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL It looks like I said something terrible when I deleted my comment! Far from it! I thought I was making a second comment, but the first didn't show up...so the second seemed weird:)
    Found your blog from a comment on http://littlemissmama.com/ and thought I would pop by and wish you luck! I'm a fellow Canadian, Leaf fan, also have a son named Ethan, and I too struggle with my weight. There the comparison ends as I am twice + your age! Just want to offer you some encouragement. You've come a long way!

    ReplyDelete