Wednesday 8 June 2011

East Side Mario's


Tonight the ladies from work went to East Side Mario's to celebrate Jody and Christie's pregnancies! When I go out for dinner, I usually scope out the menus in advance and try to find the best possible option. This time I didn't and right now I am going to figure out if the choices I made were good ones or bad ones. Ready? Ok, here we go!

So, I looked at the menu and narrowed my options down to the Portobello Panini or the Mariboli Wrap. I ended up choosing the Portobello Panini because a) the Mariboli wrap had bacon, and bacon = bad, and b) the Panini had more veggies and goat cheese which I love! Let's check the calories... Shit! The Portobello Panini has 970 calories and the Mariboli Wrap had 620!!! Wow, that's depressing. Although the sandwich was amazing! I know what you're thinking, a mushroom sandwich, but it was delicious. It had roasted red pepper, spinach and goat cheese on top of a yummy portbello mushroom!  

East Side Mario's: Mariboli Wrap - 620 calories

East Side Mario's: Portobello Panini - 970 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment