Thursday 16 June 2011

My Gourmet Gluten Free Meal

Turkey Meatballs and Penne Alfredo


Here is how I made my delicious gluten free meal:

Turkey Meatballs:
Ground turkey
Gluten free bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Egg whites
Garlic

Penne Alfredo:
Cereal Pasta (Bought it on Costco on the weekend and just tried it! Pretty good!)
Rice flour + margarine = rue for sauce
Skim milk
Fat Free Kraft Single
Herb Goat Cheese

Is it bad that I am extremely excited for my leftovers tomorrow? lol

So today I had an appointment with Dr. Som. We went over some of my blood work and everything seemed normal-- my glucose, insulin, cholesterol, hormones, etc. The only thing that was slightly elevated was my cortisol (the stress hormone). My morning cortisol level was a little high and my evening cortisol level was a little low. She gave me an Adrenal Support Supplement to balance my cortisol levels. She also received the results from my ultrasound. I still have ovarian cysts but everything else down there is looking good! lol. When she took my body composition it showed that I have lost 7 lbs of fat (since last being there), 2 lbs of water and 2 lbs of muscle. The muscle is a little bit of a concern but I can change that if I only got my ass off the couch and lifted some weights a little more often, lol. ;)
Anyway, that's all for now! Things are looking up! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment